New Look 0178 - Steampunk Dalek Cosplay - Part III

This is the third post in a series on my Doctor Who cosplay.  The first two posts can be found here and here.   This post will share a bit about the skirt.

Most Dalek dresses use hard plastic balls as the bumps on the bottom half of the outfit, because that's the closest representation to a true Dalek form.  However, I was going to be at a con all day, and presumably, I'd want to sit down. Sitting on a bunch of plastic ball halves does not sound like a comfortable proposition, so I needed another option.

I wanted something that would give texture and dimension and that would not give me bruises from sitting on it. I eventually settled on making rosettes. They fit the theme, they were soft, and they added texture to the dress.  I started making rosettes and hand-sewed them on the skirt.

Dalek dress on a dress form with the rosettes partially applied.

Overall, the effect was perfect for what I wanted!  The skirt was super comfortable!

Me modeling the completed Dalek dress.

Comments