Between Projects: My machines

You might be wondering what I use to sew with.  Well, here you go.  I currently have four machines, but most of what you've read so far has been made with one.  This Bernette 50 that my mom gave my husband and I when we got married.  Neither of us sewed back then, and I've only picked up sewing in the past few years.  But this has been a great little machine!

Picture of a Bernette 50 machine.

The other machines are ones I've picked up more recently.  The serger all the way to the right in this picture is a Singer that I picked up for free from a friend.  It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it works.  I learned to serge on this, and I love it.

Three sewing machines with a window in the background.

As I've been sewing more, I've come across some fabrics that are just too much for my little Bernette.  Enter my Singer Heavy Duty machine (on the left).  This thing is a beast and handles some really thick fabrics, such as the fleece coat that I made, without any issues!

Three sewing machines taken from an angle.

My newest acquisition is the Brother coverlock in the middle.  I am still learning what it can do and how to use all the features, but I am enjoying it so far.  Eventually I expect I'll move the black thread from the serger to this machine and put white on the serger.  As most of my projects can be done in either black or white thread, I see no reason to switch out the thread all that often.

Comments