Women's March Sash

On the one year anniversary of the Women's March on Washington, I wanted to share a project that I made specifically for the march.  It's my take on a suffragette sash!



This was something I just whipped up quickly using fabric already in my stash, letters already on hand, and a few purchased rhinestones!


I started by basically making two long rectangles, half red and half blue.  I even added a pocket on the inside that I thought might be helpful.  I never ended up using them, but at least they were there if needed.

The lettering didn't last for the whole march.  I think the mix of slippery fabric and iron-on letters was not a good one.  Oh well.  I had a blast anyway, and I could not believe how many people were out for this march.  I've been in DC a long time, and I've never seen anything like it!  


Comments